Whether you’re plucking the basil straight out of your garden in the summer or relying on your local grocery to stock the green herb in the cooler months, this fodmap-friendly Basil Walnut Pesto can be made in 5-minutes or less and is a year-round staple worth adding to your menu.
- 2 cups (78g) basil, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup (106g) extra virgin olive oil – OR – for those following a low-FODMAP diet you can use garlic-infused olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves (omit for low-FODMAP)
- 1/3 cup (40g) walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup (30g) shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- zest of 1 lemon + 1 tsp of lemon juice
- Add all ingredients, except for the olive oil to a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Pulse for about 1 minute, until ingredients are mostly broken down and gravelly.
- With the food processor running, drizzle in the olive oil in a steady stream, pulsing until combined and desired smoothness is achieved.
Nutritional information on Whip & Wander is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp
- Calories: 172
- Sodium: 205 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 3 mg
Keywords: Basil Walnut Pesto