This vibrant Couscous Summer Salad showcases the best of summer produce, combining tender pearl couscous, summer sweet nectarines, lightly charred sweet corn, juicy cherry tomatoes, crunchy Persian cucumbers, and a sprinkle of fresh basil and mint. Salty feta cheese and bright lemon help round out this cool summer salad and give it depth. This sweet, salty, and savory side dish is the perfect pairing for all your warm-weather grilling and works beautifully as a satisfying main course for a light summer lunch. This quick and easy summer recipe can be made in less than 30-minutes!
- 165 g (about 1 cup) dry pearl couscous
- 12 oz (about 1 1/2 cups) water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium nectarines (about 256 g), pitted and diced (peaches can be substituted)
- 215 g (about 1 1/2 cups) frozen fire-roasted corn or sweet corn, defrosted - OR - about 2 large ears of corn, grilled and cut from cob
- 252 g (about 1 1/3 cups) cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 229 g (about 1 1/2 cups or 3 small) Persian cucumbers, sliced
- 8 oz block feta cheese, discarded of brine and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 13 g (about 1/4 cup packed) fresh basil, chiffonade or torn
- 8 g (about 2 tbsp packed) fresh mint, chopped or torn
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Kosher salt, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in the couscous, cover the pan, and reduce the heat to a low simmer. Cook for about 7-8 minutes or until the water is absorbed, and the couscous is al dente. Fluff with a fork to separate the grains and prevent clumping, then set aside to cool.
- Once the couscous has cooled, add the olive oil and gently toss to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the couscous, diced nectarines, corn, cherry tomatoes, Persian cucumbers, feta cheese, basil, mint, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Toss gently to combine.
- Taste the salad and add salt and pepper as desired. I recommend starting with a small pinch of each, as the salad is well-balanced on its own.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate prior to serving for an extra chilled option. Leftovers should be stored in the refrigerator.
Nutritional information on Whip & Wander is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
- Serving Size: 1/8th of recipe
- Calories: 213
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 372 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 14 g
- Cholesterol: 15 g
Keywords: couscous, feta cheese, persian cucumber, nectarines, summer, salad, mint, basil, tomatoes