This Crab Club Sandwich retains a few of the classic components of a traditional club sandwich, including the triple stack of lightly toasted bread, green lettuce, juicy tomato, and crisp bacon -- but swaps the classic chicken for a measure of crab meat in a creamy and lightly spicy mayo and a layer of fresh cucumber ribbons. This fun twist on the classic club is a hearty option for lunch or dinner!
- 12 slices sourdough bread (or your preferred bread -- gluten-free if needed), lightly toasted
- 8 oz pre-cooked fresh lump crab meat
- 3 tbsp mayo + more to spread on the bread (as desired)
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 English cucumber, sliced into ribbons with a vegetable peeler (you will need 16 ribbons so you will have leftover cucumber)
- 12 slices bacon, pre-cooked using your preferred method
- 7-8 small fresh slicer tomatoes (I used Campari), sliced
- 4 outer pieces of green lettuce
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the crab meat, 3 tbsp mayo, sriracha, lemon juice, and a few cracks of black pepper, to taste.
- Spread mayo (as desired) onto 4 slices of toasted bread.
- Portion the dressed crab meat equally on top of those same bread slices you just dressed in mayo.
- Layer 4 cucumber ribbons on top of the 4 crab meat-dressed slices of bread. Layer a second slice of toasted bread on top of each of the sandwiches (this will be your middle bread layer).
- Portion 3 slices of bacon on top of each of the sandwiches, then layer the tomato and lettuce on top of the bacon.
- Spread mayo (as desired) onto the remaining 4 slices of bread and place them on top of the lettuce-topped sandwiches.
- Slice each sandwich into halves or fourths, as preferred. I find that stacked sandwiches like this benefit from a sandwich skewer to help hold each layer together when plating (to be discarded when the sandwich is eaten).
Nutritional information on Whip & Wander is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 673
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 1380 mg
- Fat: 26 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 71 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 29 g
- Cholesterol: 104 mg
Keywords: crab, club sandwich, sandwich, bacon