- 3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced into discs
- 2 large cucumbers (about 4 cups)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup radishes, sliced
- 1/2 cup yogurt (24hr or lactose-free if you are Low-FODMAP)
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 1 tbsp dill, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar or Champagne vinegar
- cracked black pepper, to taste
Hard-boiled eggs: This is my go-to way to make hard-boiled eggs, but feel free to use your favorite method. I know many who bake their eggs or use their pressure-cooker instead. I often have a few eggs already hard-boiled in my fridge. If you do also, skip this step!
- Cover 1 dozen eggs in a large pot with water, then add salt and white vinegar.
- Set on medium-high heat until eggs have come to a boil, then cover with lid and remove from heat for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, drain all of the hot water and place eggs in an ice bath for 5 minutes, or until they have cooled enough to peel without burning your fingers.
- Slice into discs.
For the salad:
- Peel the skin from the cucumber with a potato peeler, then slice the cucumber in half length-wise. With a spoon, scoop the seeds out in a downward motion. Then slice the cucumber width-wise into half-moons and place in a bowl.
- Disgorge the excess liquid by tossing the salt in with the prepared cucumber. Allow to rest for 15-20 minutes, then drain liquid through a colander or sieve. There should be ample liquid that drains off from the cucumber.
- Add radishes, yogurt, mayo, dill, Dijon mustard, white vinegar and mix gently to combine. Add cracked pepper to taste.
- Add sliced eggs in at the last minute and gently toss. This Creamy Cucumber Radish Salad must be stored in the refrigerator and will keep through the following day.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 91
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 421 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 112 mg