Easy Labneh Cheese is a Middle Eastern yogurt-based cheese that preps in minutes with 3 simple ingredients and a hands-off finish the the fridge.
- In a mixing bowl, combine Greek Yogurt, lemon juice, and salt with a spoon or spatula until well-mixed.
- Nest a sieve over the top of a clean mixing bowl, ensuring that there is atleast 1 inch of space between the bottom of the sieve and the bottom of the mixing bowl. Line the sieve with 4-6 layers of cheesecloth (around 12in x 12in).
- Transfer the yogurt mixture to the center of the cheesecloth-lined sieve. Fold the edges of the cheesecloth over to cover the yogurt mixture fully, bring the ends together, and tightly secure with a rubber band or kitchen twine.
- Place a heavy plate or can on top of the tied cheesecloth to help weigh it down.
- Transfer the mixture to the refrigerator. Allow to drain for 1-4 days, depending on how thick you would like the end result of your Easy Labneh Cheese to be. A shorter time in the refrigerator will result in a thinner Labneh the consistency of a thick dip. The longer the Labneh drains, the thicker it will become until it reaches the consistency of a very thick cream cheese that you can roll into balls by hand.
- When ready to use, discard the whey from the bottom of the mixing bowl (or save for baking).
Nutritional information on Whip & Wander is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
- Serving Size: 1 portion
- Calories: 107
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 188 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 20 mg
Keywords: Labneh Cheese