This Gingerbread Granola is sweet and spicy, with a classic mix of ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice swirled into rich molasses, vanilla, sweet maple syrup, and old-fashioned oats. Spicy chunks of crystallized ginger and sweet dried cranberries dot the granola mix like festive red and gold jewels, and pecans add an extra snap of crunch.
- 340 g (4 cups) old-fashioned oats
- 180 g (1 1/2 cups) pecans
- 3 oz (85 g) crystallized ginger, diced into small chunks
- 3 oz (85 g) dried sweetened cranberries
- 60 g (3 tbsp) molasses (increase to 80 g / 4 tbsp if you prefer a richer flavor)
- 104 g (1/3 cup) maple syrup
- 71 g (1/3 cup) coconut oil, liquid
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon (I prefer Ceylon cinnamon)
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F / 150 C. Line a baker's half sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking liner and reserve to the side.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, pecans, crystallized ginger, dried cranberries, molasses, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves, and salt (all of the ingredients) using a sturdy wooden or silicone spoon or spatula.
- Once evenly combined, spread the mixture out onto your reserved baking sheet in a reasonably even layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, turning with a spatula every 10-minutes to help ensure even browning. It should look golden and glossy when done. The mixture will still be soft right out of the oven but will crisp as it cools.
Nutritional information on Whip & Wander is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
- Serving Size: 1 portion (around ½ cup)
- Calories: 331
- Sugar: 17 g
- Sodium: 103 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 5 g
Keywords: gingerbread, ginger, granola, cranberries, molasses, breakfast