This Grilled Corn Salad with Spicy Honey Lime Dressing comes together super quickly with fresh grilled corn, creamy avocado, Fresno chilis, cilantro, Cotija cheese, and a sweet and spicy honey lime dressing. This corn salad was inspired by Mexican elotes with some additions that make it perfect to serve as both a side dish or a scoopable appetizer served with tortilla chips.
For the Grilled Corn Salad:
- 5 ears sweet corn, husks and silk removed (about 710 g corn once removed from cob)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 tsp Kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 large avocado, pitted and chopped (about 150 g)
- 2 Fresno chili peppers, thinly sliced (about 26 g)
- 6 oz Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 15 g (about 1/4 cup) cilantro, chopped
- Zest of 1 lime (about 2 tsp)
For the Honey Lime Dressing:
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil -- OR -- 2 tbsp traditional olive oil + 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Preheat the grill on high heat until it reaches between 400-450 degrees. Place corn cobs directly on the grill and close the lid. Open the lid and turn the corn every 4-5 minutes until all sides are cooked and there is light blackening of kernels in some areas, about 20 minutes in total. Remove from heat and reserve to the side to cool slightly.
- Once the corn is cool enough to be handled, slice the kernels off the cob. I find the easiest way to do this is to place a small bowl upside-down in a larger mixing bowl. Balancing the corn tip down and holding the stem, carefully cut the corn kernels straight down off of the cob. This helps prevent the kernels from flying everywhere so they are collected in the larger bowl. Remove the smaller upside-down bowl when finished.
- Add the butter, kosher salt, and pepper and toss through the corn to combine fully.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, combine the lime juice, honey, garlic-infused olive oil (or olive oil + minced garlic cloves), sour cream, sriracha, and paprika with a fork until well-combined. Add the dressing to the corn and toss gently to combine.
- Add the avocado, Fresno chili peppers, Cotija cheese, cilantro, and lime zest and gently toss again to combine. Taste for salt and pepper and adjust if needed.
- Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Nutritional information on Whip & Wander is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
- Serving Size: 1 serving (1/10th of recipe)
- Calories: 196
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 247 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 15 mg
Keywords: corn, cotija, avocado, lime, honey, fresno chili