Hogwarts Scottish Porridge is featured in the Harry Potter books as a favorite breakfast dish that Harry, Ron, and Hermione enjoy in the Great Hall.
- 1 cup Scottish oats
- 1 1/2 cups milk (may sub dairy-free milk alternative if you wish)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4th tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
The Hogwarts Scottish Porridge depicted in this post is dressed with the following toppings:
- Bowl #1: Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, Greek yogurt
- Bowl #2: Pecans, sliced almonds, melted brown coconut sugar
For more topping ideas check out the Scottish Porridge Fit for the Hogwarts Great Hall section earlier in the post.
- Bring oats, milk, water, and salt to a simmer in a medium pot over medium-high heat.
- Once oats begin to simmer, lower heat to medium-low and allow to cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. The porridge should have begun to thicken by now.
- Add nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla, stirring to combine.
- Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until the porridge is thick but pourable.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes. The porridge will thicken even further at this time.
- Serve immediately with desired toppings. Leftovers make for great packable meal prep breakfasts when stored in microwavable glass storage containers or Weck jars.
Nutritional information on Whip & Wander is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
- Serving Size: 1 serving porridge made with whole milk (no toppings)
- Calories: 199
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 134 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 31 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 9 mg
Keywords: harry potter, porridge, breakfast, hot cereal, Scottish, Hogwarts