These Mediterranean Roasted Rainbow Vegetables are a colorful way to instill big flavors into dinner in a super simple way. This sheet pan side dish includes purple cauliflower, rainbow carrots, Castelvetrano green olives, marinated red peppers, and marinated artichoke dressed in an herbaceous garlic vinaigrette, then roasted until tender and slightly caramelized. The colorful combination of vegetables and vinaigrette produces a complex flavor profile of sweet, salty, bitter, briny, and spicy that pairs perfectly with your favorite proteins for an easy and tasty dinner!
- 530 g (about 1 large) purple cauliflower, cut into florets (may sub for orange or traditional white)
- 440 g (about 6 medium) rainbow carrots, peeled and chopped (may sub for traditional orange)
- 6 oz pitted firm green olives (I prefer Castelvetrano)
- 8 oz marinated red peppers, chopped
- 6 1/2 oz jar marinated artichoke quarters, drained
- 4 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil (may sub for 4 tbsp olive oil + 2 minced garlic cloves)
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp, fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F / 205 C. Line a baker’s half sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss all of the ingredients together directly on the baking sheet until evenly combined. If you prefer, you can also toss them together in a large bowl first and transfer to the baking sheet once combined if you are more comfortable with that.
- Transfer to the middle rack of the oven to roast for 45-50 minutes. I like to check the veggies at the 30-minute mark to ensure that the vegetables are roasting evenly. If things are browning too much on top for your personal preference, you can toss vegetables once again or cover them in foil for the final 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm on the side of your preferred main dish.
Nutritional information on Whip & Wander is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
9/29/21 This recipe was updated and may no longer fit specified dietary preferences from previous versions of this post.
- Serving Size: 1 portion
- Calories: 199
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 818 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: cauliflower, artichoke, red pepper, green olives, carrots