This Paleo Lemon Curd is just plain delightful. The sunshine-hued sweet blends the creaminess of butter, the tartness of citrus, and the richness of egg yolk to make a treat fit for high tea.
- Melt butter over low heat.
- Remove butter from heat and whisk in lemon juice, lemon zest, and honey until well-incorporated.
- Add egg yolks and return to low heat, whisking continuously until curd begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and strain through a fine mesh strainer into a glass storage bowl, using your whisk to help move the curd through the strainer.
- Let your mixture cool before popping in the fridge.
The curd will thicken slightly in the fridge and will become slightly more granular as it cools. Give it a quick stir before spooning onto other dishes and it will be velvety smooth.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 190
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 35 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 125 mg