Knowing how to make a couple of quick and delicious sauces is a great way to elevate the flavor of your meals without putting a crazy amount of extra time in. The bright red-orange beauty known as Romesco Sauce is one of my favorite quick and tasty sauces, coming together in about 5-minutes, and offering a flavor profile that is deliciously smoky, savory, and acidic.
- 16 oz jar fire-roasted red peppers, drained (12 oz without liquid)
- 6 (about 1 1/2 cups or 341 g) whole fire-roasted canned tomatoes
- 157 g (about 1 cup) unsalted roasted almonds (may sub for roasted hazelnuts if you prefer)
- 3 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil — OR — 3 cloves garlic + 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- zest and juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tbsp zest + 5-6 tbsp lemon juice)
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Add all ingredients to your food processor or high-powered blender. Pulse until the mixture has reached your desired level of smoothness. I like mine a little on the gravelly side because I like the texture, but you can blend until it’s super smooth and creamy if you prefer. Use immediately or store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It should keep for up to 10 days.
Nutritional information on Whip & Wander is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
10/7/21 This recipe was updated and may no longer fit specified dietary preferences from previous versions of this post.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 75
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 133 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g