This Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Blue Cheese, Cranberries, and Pecans is a perfect holiday side and can be made in 15-minutes or less.
- 2 lbs whole Brussels sprouts (There will be a 25% loss when prepped so if you are using pre-shaved 1 1/2 lbs is correct amount to use)
- 1/2 cup (76g) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup (52g) dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup (37g) pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- If using whole Brussels sprouts rather than pre-shaved: Starting with clean Brussels sprouts, use a paring knife to trim the stems off, then slice in half. Discard any outer leaves that are yellowed or blemished. Usually, I end up with about a 25% loss of the vegetable when prepping from whole. You may have very fresh-looking leaves and not have to discard as much. The end result should be roughly 1 1/2 lbs of trimmed Brussels sprouts, so keep this in mind if you are purchasing pre-shaved ones.
- Shave the trimmed Brussels sprouts using your food processor with the slicer attachment for quick and easy prep or very carefully using a mandoline.
- Once Brussels sprouts are shaved combine in a large bowl with blue cheese, cranberries, and pecans.
- In a small bowl, combine the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, honey, salt, and pepper. Whisk together with a fork, then pour on top of the Brussels sprout mixture. Toss to coat evenly, then taste for salt and pepper and adjust if needed. Serve cold.
Nutritional information on Whip & Wander is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 264
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 366 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 13 mg
Keywords: shaved Brussels sprouts salad