Now that fall is just around the corner, one of my favorite ways to take advantage of the tail end of summer stonefruit season is to make these delicious Spiced Peach Crumble Bars. These cozy beauties are loaded with Spiced Peach Butter and are the perfect segue from warm fall temps to chillier days curled up with hot teapots and plenty of good books.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C). Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper so that it reaches slightly past the edge of the dish. This will make the bars easier to lift out of the pan later.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, almond flour, coconut sugar, melted butter, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sea salt together by hand until well-combined.
- Press 2/3 of the mixture into the parchment-lined baking dish, pressing firmly by hand to create a shortbread-like crust.
- Bake crust for 15 minutes or until it just begins to turn slightly golden.
- Add the Spiced Peach Butter to the top of the crust, gently spreading it until even.
- Top with the remaining shortbread crust, crumbling it over the top of the Spiced Peach Butter layer. You should still see pockets of peach butter peeking through the top.
- Sprinkle the top with the sliced almonds.
- Bake for an additional 25-30 minutes or until the top of the crumble begins to turn slightly golden.
- Allow to cool fully before removing from the pan. Slice into 9 equal squares. These are superb eaten fresh from the oven or fridge cold with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Store the leftovers in the refridgerator. I think they’re best within the first 4 days.
Nutritional information on Whip & Wander is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
- Serving Size: 1 bar (1/9 batch)
- Calories: 306
- Sugar: 18
- Sodium: 138
- Fat: 18
- Saturated Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 33
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 27