Nothing says summer like this Spicy Red BBQ Sauce, with notes that are spicy, smoky, vinegary, and sweet. This sauce fits Paleo, Keto, and Low-FODMAP diets.
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 6 tbsp tomato paste
- 5 tbsp raw honey (or 2 1/2 tbsp 1:1 alternative such as Stevia in the Raw or granulated Lakanto Monkfruit for Keto or Low-FODMAP)
- 1/4 cup garlic oil (may sub extra virgin olive oil + 2 tsp garlic powder)
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/4–1 tsp cayenne powder (adjust to spice preference)
- Combine all ingredients except the cayenne pepper in a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat. Allow to come to a low simmer, stirring to combine the ingredients often.
- Taste for spice level and then begin to add the cayenne pepper in 1/4 tsp increments until it reaches your desired level of heat.
- Allow to simmer lightly for 10 minutes, or until the sauce begins to thicken. Remember that it will thicken more once it has cooled.
- Leftovers may be refridgerated for 3-5 days.
Nutritional information on Whip & Wander is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp (with honey)
- Calories: 40
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 69
- Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 5