Za'atar Roasted Carrots with Labneh, Honey, and Pistachios is a stunning side dish special enough for the holidays, but easy enough to assemble for weeknight dinners. This dish starts with a bed of creamy labneh cheese, then layered with roasted carrots tossed in garlic-infused olive oil, lemon, and za'atar seasoning blend. A drizzle of honey and sprinkle of pistachios finish the dish delivering a sweet finish to a savory, herbaceous, and lightly tart dish that offers a balance of creamy and crunchy texture.
- 16 oz (1/2 batch) of Easy Labneh Cheese, or storebought (If you make your own you'll want to prep a minimum of 24 hours in advance)
- 680 g (about 5 cups) carrots, peeled and sliced into two-inch diagonal pieces
- 2 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil (may sub for 2 tbsp olive oil + 2 cloves minced garlic)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp za'atar spice blend
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp pistachios, shelled and roughly chopped
- Optional: Flaky finishing salt, to top
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F / 220 C.
- Line a baker's half sheet with parchment paper and transfer the carrots to the sheet. Drizzle with garlic-infused olive oil (or olive oil + minced garlic) and lemon juice, then toss to combine by hand until evenly coated. Sprinkle with za'atar seasoning blend, parsley, salt, pepper, and cumin, then toss again by hand until evenly coated.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes or until carrots are starting to lightly caramelize around the edges and are somewhat tender, but not quite soft.
- Spread labneh cheese evenly across a large plate or platter. Top with carrots, then drizzle with 2-3 tbsp honey, and top with a sprinkle of pistachios. Finish with a sprinkle of flaky finishing salt, if desired.
Nutritional information on Whip & Wander is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 177
- Sugar: 15 g
- Sodium: 230 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 9 g
- Cholesterol: 9 mg
Keywords: carrots, za'atar, labneh, pistachios, honey