This Zucchini Pizza Crust is not only super tasty but should produce a sturdy pie, whose slices you can actually pick up and eat without fear of it falling apart in your hands. It's also a great way to add some extra green veggies into your diet and use up some of the (often ample) zucchini from your garden each summer.
- 3 heaping cups shredded zucchini (550 g)
- 2-3 tsp Kosher salt (for disgorging)
- 2 cups almond flour (204 g)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour (13 g)
- 2 large eggs (100 g)
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated (200 g)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Optional: Your preferred sauce and pizza toppings
- Disgorge (remove the excess water) the zucchini. Add the shredded zucchini to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with salt (2-3 tsp is plenty), tossing gently to work it in. Allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 C). Line an aerated pizza pan or baker's half sheet with parchment paper and reserve to the side.
- After 20-minutes, transfer the (now swampy) zucchini into a few layers of good cheesecloth, twist the top so none will spill out, and start squeezing -- I like to do this over the sink. As you squeeze, the zucchini will dispel a lot of liquid and you'll end up with a much smaller pile of zucchini shreds that are now perfect for making Zucchini Pizza Crust. Return the disgorged zucchini to the mixing bowl.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, eggs, parmesan, red pepper flakes, and oregano and mix with a wooden spoon until well-combined.
- Turn out the dough into your reserved pizza pan or baking sheet and spread into an even layer, about 1/3-inch thick.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, checking at the 25-minute mark. The crust should be starting to turn a nice light golden brown on top. Let crust cool slightly before topping.
- After you've dressed your pie in your preferred sauce and toppings, return to the oven for another 10-15 minutes until your toppings are cooked to your preference. Allow to cool slightly before slicing and enjoying.
Nutritional information on Whip & Wander is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
8/11/21 This recipe was updated and may no longer fit specified dietary preferences from previous versions of this post.
- Serving Size: 1/8th of pizza crust
- Calories: 260
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 712 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 17 g
- Cholesterol: 61 mg
Keywords: Pizza crust, zucchini, almond flour