This Avocado Chimichurri Sauce is a quick and versatile sauce that combines verdant green onions, Italian parsley, cilantro, garlic, and a zesty blend of red wine vinegar, lime zest, and red pepper. Drizzle it over grilled meats, use it as a dip, or incorporate it into your favorite recipes for an extra burst of flavor. Best of all, this dish can be made in just 5 minutes!
- 156 g (1 1/2 cups) green onions, roughly chopped
- 65 g (1 cup) flat-leaf Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 65 g (1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic*
- 2 oz (1/4 cup) olive oil*
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (about 1 medium lime)
- Zest of 1 medium lime
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and pitted (about 150 g flesh)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In a food processor or high-powered blender, combine the green onions, Italian parsley, cilantro, garlic, olive oil (or garlic-infused olive oil), red wine vinegar, lime zest, lime juice, avocado, sea salt, dried oregano, and red pepper flakes.
- Process or blend the ingredients until they reach your desired consistency. For a smoother sauce, continue blending until creamy and well combined. If you prefer a chunkier texture, blend for a shorter time to leave some visible herb and onion pieces. If you prefer a thinner sauce, you can add additional oil to achieve the desired consistency. Start by adding a small amount and blend again until incorporated. Repeat until you reach the desired thickness.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning as needed. Add more salt for a bolder flavor or adjust the lime juice and red pepper flakes according to your preference. Remember to taste and adjust gradually to achieve the perfect balance of flavors.
- Once prepared, transfer the Avocado Chimichurri Sauce into an airtight container. Store the sauce in the refrigerator for up to 4 days to maintain its freshness and flavors. Ensure the container is properly sealed to prevent air exposure, which may cause the sauce to oxidize. Enjoy the Avocado Chimichurri Sauce drizzled over grilled meats, as a dip, or incorporated into your favorite recipes. The sauce's flavors will enhance a variety of dishes, adding a burst of freshness and creaminess.
Nutritional information on Whip & Wander is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
* If you have a garlic intolerance but can consume garlic-infused olive oil, you can swap the suggested measurements of garlic cloves and olive oil for 2 oz (¼ cup) of the infused oil.
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp
- Calories: 50
- Sodium: 102mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
Keywords: Avocado Chimichurri Sauce