This 20-minute Chicken Poblano Chili is packed with spicy poblanos, hearty white beans, and tender rotisserie chicken for a tasty and easy weeknight meal.
- 2 tbsp garlic oil (may sub 2 tbsp olive or avocado oil + 2 minced garlic cloves)
- 1 1/2 cups poblano peppers, chopped
- 1 cup green onions, chopped (may sub 1 cup finely diced white onion)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15 oz) cans Great Northern Beans (or similar white beans)
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 rotisserie chicken, deboned and shredded – OR – 2 lbs chicken, cooked and shredded
- optional: sour cream or shredded cheese to top
- In a large soup pot or dutch oven, heat the garlic oil over medium high heat. Add the poblano peppers and green onions and cook until slightly tender, stirring often with a wooden spoon or spatula, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, white beans, lime zest and juice, cumin, salt, and pepper, stirring to combine. Allow to come to a simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add shredded chicken and cook for and additional 2-3 minutes to warm.
- Serve warm with optional sour cream or shdredded cheese on top.
Nutritional information on Whip & Wander is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 491
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 2156 mg
- Fat: 25 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 36 g
- Cholesterol: 107 mg