This 20-minute Chicken Poblano Chili includes poblano peppers, white beans, corn, and rotisserie chicken for a tasty and easy weeknight meal.
- 2 tbsp garlic-infused oil (may sub 2 tbsp olive oil + 2 minced garlic cloves)
- 180 g (about 2 large or 3 medium) poblano peppers, chopped
- 170 g (1 cup) frozen or fresh corn (I like this frozen fire-roasted one)
- 85 g (about 1 cup) green onions, chopped (or 1 cup finely diced white onion)
- 32 oz (4 cups) chicken broth
- 3 (15 oz) cans Great Northern Beans (or cannellini), drained and rinsed
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 rotisserie chicken, deboned and shredded (or 2 lbs cooked chicken or turkey, shredded/diced)
- optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado, cilantro, green onions, tortilla chips
- In a large soup pot or dutch oven, heat the garlic oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add the poblano peppers, corn, and green onions and cook, stirring often with a wooden spoon or spatula until slightly tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, white beans, lime zest and juice, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper, stirring to combine. Allow to come to a simmer for about 7-minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add shredded chicken and cook until warmed through. Serve warm with optional toppings, as desired.
Nutritional information on Whip & Wander is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 529
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 1554 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 40 g
- Fiber: 11 g
- Protein: 58 g
- Cholesterol: 145 mg
Keywords: soup, poblano peppers, rotisserie chicken