Harry and his new friend Ron Weasley bond while eating through the Chocolate Frogs and other wizarding candy on the Hogwarts Express while on their way to their first year at Hogwarts.
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate (70%)
- flaky sea salt, to top
- chopped nuts
- Temper chocolate bars. Add 2 inches of water to a medium saucepan and place a heat-proof glass bowl over the top. Choose one that is large enough that it does not touch the water, but hovers above. Turning the heat to medium-low, melt the chocolate in the glass bowl slowly, stirring occasionally with a spatula, turning the heat down if the water begins to bubble. You do not want the water to get too hot or you will risk burning the chocolate.
- Temper dark chocolate between 118-122 degrees F, measuring with a thermometer to get an accurate read, then remove from heat and stir until it reaches 87-91 degrees F in order to get a glossy finish on your Chocolate Frogs.
- Spoon chocolate into the chocolate mold cavities.
- You will want to fill slightly under the top line of the mold as the chocolate will settle and spread. If you fill to the very top, you will likely end up with a skirt around the bottom of your frogs. A gentle tap of the mold should help the chocolate fill the crevices properly.
- If you choose to add nuts or other fillings, you will want to spoon a small amount of chocolate into the bottom of the molds, tap them gently to fill the crevices, add nuts, and then fill the rest of the way with chocolate. If you add nuts last you will certainly have overfilled frog cavities and it will be a right mess.
- Freeze for 10 minutes or until chocolate is fully firm. You can tell that the chocolate is ready by looking at the underside of the chocolate mold. The mold should look slightly foggy rather than clear, which means that the chocolate has solidified and separated from the mold. When the chocolate is firm, they should pop right out of the mold easily.
Nutritional information on Whip & Wander is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
- Serving Size: 1 chocolate frog
- Calories: 99
- Sugar: 7 g
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 1 g
Keywords: harry potter, chocolate frogs