This Horseradish Dill Slaw comes together with a classic slaw mix of shredded cabbage and carrots but is anything but ordinary in its flavor profile. Horseradish Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, and fresh dill elevate a classically creamy mayo dressing and give it a tangy, peppery bite. This recipe is tremendous served as a simple side dish or used to top sandwiches, burgers, and wraps -- and it only takes about 5-minutes to assemble!
- 12 oz coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
- 104 g (1/2 cup) mayo (can sub half of the mayo for plain Greek yogurt if desired)
- 2 tbsp horseradish Dijon mustard (see notes for swapping in classic Dijon + horseradish cream)
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar (may sub for Champagne vinegar or traditional distilled white vinegar)
- 2 tbsp dill, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine mayo, horseradish Dijon, vinegar, dill, salt, and a few cracks of pepper, stirring until smooth.
- Add the coleslaw mix and fold in until well-combined. Taste for salt and pepper and adjust if needed. If you prefer your slaw on the saucier side, additional mayo can also be added at this time. Serve cold.
Nutritional information on Whip & Wander is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
9/2/21 This recipe was updated and may no longer fit specified dietary preferences from previous versions of this post.
If you have trouble sourcing horseradish Dijon mustard from your local grocery store, you can use traditional Dijon mustard and horseradish cream instead. Because horseradish cream is often more intense on its own, I would start with only 1 tsp of horseradish cream and work your way up, adjusting according to your taste preference. Traditional Dijon mustard can be added in at the 2 tbsp measurement unless you prefer to partially subtract for the horseradish cream.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 139
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 214 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 20 mg
Keywords: horseradish, dijon, coleslaw