Pimento Cheese is a southern specialty with a base of cheese, mayo, and pimentos blended together, with additional ingredients added to your taste. I like to give ours a small kick with a tiny bit of cayenne pepper, but if you prefer yours on the mild side, it's super tasty without.
- 8 oz cream cheese (I like to use this lactose-free version but you don't have to)
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 1/4 c diced pimentos
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (omit for a milder mix)
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until well-incorporated. I like to leave mine a little chunky, so I am careful not to over-blend.
- Store in a covered glass dish in the refrigerator until ready to use. Cheese will soften slightly after a few minutes at room temp, making it perfectly spreadable.
Nutritional information on Whip & Wander is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 97
- Sodium: 134 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 27 mg
Keywords: cheese, pimentos