These Roasted Cinnamon Garlic Sweet Potatoes are savory, sweet, and just a little bit spicy. Diced sweet potatoes are tossed in garlic-infused olive oil then seasoned with cinnamon, Kosher salt, black pepper, and an optional pinch of cayenne (if you like a little heat), then roasted until tender and lightly caramelized. This tasty side dish takes just minutes of prep work and finishes in the oven for a totally easy hands-off dish.
- 636 g / 4 cups (about 1 large or two medium) sweet potatoes with skins left on, diced
- 2 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil -- OR -- 2 tbsp olive oil + 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- Optional: 1/8 - 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F / 220 C. Line a baker's half sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Transfer the diced sweet potatoes to the lined sheet pan. Sprinkle with garlic oil, cinnamon, salt, pepper, and if desired, the cayenne pepper. Toss by hand to combine.
- Transfer the pan to the oven to rest for 25-30 minutes or until fork-tender, lightly caramelized, and skins are crisp. Serve warm.
Nutritional information on Whip & Wander is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
- Serving Size: 106 g (about 2/3 cup)
- Calories: 132
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 245 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 2 g
Keywords: sweet potatoes, cinnamon