Roasted Radishes with Garlic Chive Yogurt is a simple and tasty dish that combines tender and golden crisp radishes with tangy garlic chive yogurt. This dish is finished with an optional but encouraged drizzle of brown butter, and a sprinkle of fresh lemon zest and flaky sea salt. This dish works equally well as a side dish or as a shared appetizer with a side of crusty bread to mop up every last drop.
For the roasted radishes:
- 1 lb radishes, leafy ends removed, halved if large (may use traditional red, tri-color, or French breakfast radishes)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (can swap the above measurement of olive for garlic-infused olive oil)
For the garlic chive yogurt:
- 227 g (1 cup) full-fat Greek yogurt
- 12 g (1/4 cup) fresh chives, minced, plus more to top if desired
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (can swap for 1 clove minced garlic or 1 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter (optional)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Flaky sea salt, to taste
- Roast the radishes. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit / 220 degrees Celcius. Line a baker's half-sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Add the radishes to the pan then top with olive oil, kosher salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Toss by hand until evenly coated then spread the radishes out into an even layer
- Roast for 20-25 minutes or until the radishes are lightly golden.
- While the radishes roast, prepare the garlic chive yogurt. In a medium bowl, add the yogurt, chives, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Fold with a spatula until well-combined and reserve to the side.
- Optional: prepare the brown butter. In a skillet over medium heat, add butter and allow to melt, stirring with a silicone spatula or wooden spoon occasionally. As the butter melts it will begin to foam. Watch the pan closely during this process as the color will quickly change from buttery yellow, to golden, to toasty brown. Once the butter has reached a stage where it is golden brown with some toasty brown bits, remove it from the stove immediately and carefully transfer to a small heat-proof bowl until ready to use.
- Plate the dish. Using a spatula or spoon to smooth the yogurt out into an even layer on a large plate or platter. Top with roasted radishes then drizzle with the reserved brown butter, top with lemon zest, and finish with a sprinkle of flaky sea salt.
Nutritional information on Whip & Wander is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
Nutrition info does not include the optional brown butter topping.
- Serving Size: 1/4th of recipe
- Calories: 104
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 665 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 10 mg
Keywords: radishes, chives, yogurt, brown butter, appetizers, side dishes, vegetables