Shrimp in Romesco Sauce with White Beans is one of our favorite special date-night dishes. This easy recipe can be ready in about 20 minutes or less.
- 1 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil - OR - extra virgin olive oil + 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 lb raw shrimp, fresh or thawed frozen
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 cups 5-Minute Romesco Sauce
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans (may sub for great northern beans), drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Optional: 1/2-1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- In a large skillet or saute pan, over medium-high heat, heat the garlic oil (or olive oil + minced garlic) until hot.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Saute the shrimp, stirring occasionally to cook on both sides until the flesh is pink and opaque and the tails are bright red (if you've chosen to keep the tails on). This process should take about 3-5 minutes, depending on the size of your shrimp. Once the shrimp are cooked through, remove them from heat into a clean bowl and reserve to the side.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the 5-Minute Romesco Sauce and the cannellini beans to the pan. Allow to cook until the sauce begins to simmer slightly and the beans are warmed through.
- The romesco sauce will thicken considerably when warmed. If made as directed it should be thick and nearly spreadable, almost like a dip. If you prefer your sauce to stay more stew-like, you can 1/2 - 1 cup of broth (depending on your preference) to the pan to cook along with the romesco and beans.
- Remove the pan from heat, nestle the reserved shrimp into the sauce and beans, and sprinkle with fresh, chopped parsley, and serve warm. I love to serve this with toast points or crusty bread, but it is lovely on it's own too.
Nutritional information on Whip & Wander is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 355
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 1170 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 25 g
- Cholesterol: 165 mg
Keywords: Shrimp, Romesco Sauce, White Beans