Whether you refer to it as special sauce, burger sauce, fry sauce, fancy sauce, or even secret sauce, this creamy and tangy sauce is one of the most versatile ways to add a burst of flavor to dinner. With everyday ingredients found in your fridge and pantry, it offers a medley of flavors to punch up burgers, fries, and more! This easy Special Sauce recipe takes only 5 minutes to make!
- 112 g (½ cup) mayonnaise
- 68 g (¼ cup) ketchup
- 30 g (2 tbsp) dill pickle relish
- 15 g (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 6 g (1 tsp) white vinegar (see notes for options)
- ½ tsp dried dill
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
- Optional: For an added kick of heat consider a pinch of cayenne or a splash of Tabasco or Sriracha hot sauce
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, ketchup, dill pickle relish, Dijon mustard, white vinegar, dried dill, paprika, garlic powder, and cracked black pepper. If you're adding the optional cayenne or hot sauce, you can add it at this time as well.
- Using a small spatula, stir the ingredients until the sauce is fully combined.
- Once combined, store the sauce covered in the fridge until ready to use.
Nutritional information on Whip & Wander is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
8/10/23 This recipe was updated and may no longer fit specified dietary preferences from previous versions of this post. Previous version 8/20/19.
White vinegar options: Can use traditional distilled vinegar, rice vinegar, white wine vinegar, or Champagne vinegar.
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp
- Calories: 147
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 294 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 13 mg
Keywords: sauce, dip, burger sauce, fry sauce, special sauce, condiment, spread