This Strawberry Peach Summer Salad with Basil Walnut Pesto is summer on a plate. This recipe is perfect as a first course for summer dinners enjoyed outside and can be assembled in 15 minutes or less (counting the pesto!)
You can really scale this recipe to be as small or as large as you want, however, here are some average measurements that I prefer to use:
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced (I prefer rings because they’re pretty)
- 1/2 large English cucumber, sliced
- 2 medium peaches, pitted and sliced
- 2/3 cup strawberries, topped and halved
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 oz. mozzarella ciliegine (cherry-sized mozzarella balls)
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, stemmed and packed
- 1/3 batch of Basil Walnut Pesto (about 1/3 cup)
- I prefer to layer the fruit and vegetables in this salad on a large platter starting with the cucumber and avocado. I like to arrange the peach slices, strawberries, and tomatoes on top, then finish with mozzarella, mint, and a healthy measure of pesto drizzled (or dolloped!) on top.
- Serve immediately, cold. Return any leftovers to the fridge to keep.
Nutritional information on Whip & Wander is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
- Serving Size: 1 portion
- Calories: 303
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 168 mg
- Fat: 25 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 17 mg
Keywords: Strawberry Peach Summer Salad