Happy dinner accidents
Do you ever have one of those nights where dinner just pulls together brilliantly on accident? I made these Mediterranean Turkey Burgers one night on a whim, tossing in a few residual ingredients we had left in the fridge to spruce up the pound of lean ground turkey I had picked up earlier that day. The second they hit the pan, I knew magic was about to happen.
Though I didn’t originally buy the kalamata olives, green onions, feta, or gruyere cheese for these burgers, it was fated that they be part of them. The second we bit into these babies, both the fella and I nearly simultaneously murmured, “this is a really good burger…” before digging back in. Since then, we’ve repeated these burgers several times as a new favorite this summer.
Simple meals, simple accompaniments
These Mediterranean Turkey Burgers come together in less than 20 minutes and are perfectly wonderful with a little Horseradish Dill Slaw on top or undressed with my Creamy Cucumber Radish Salad on the side. I definitely suggest you keep it simple and let the Mediterranean Turkey Burgers do all the heavy lifting. Afterall, they’re packed with two kinds of cheese and a healthy dollop of horseradish Dijon mustard, making them perfectly dressed for the party on their own.
A note for special diets
These Mediterranean Turkey Burgers are grain-free, gluten-free, nightshade-free and friendly for Keto, SIBO, and Low-FODMAP diets.Print
- 1 lb lean ground turkey (2% fat is what I usually use)
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 4 tsp horseradish Dijon mustard (may sub regular Dijon and horseradish cream)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl until well combined. Form into 6 patties.
- Cook over medium-high heat on the grill or in a pan on top of the stove. Cook 5 minutes on one side, then flip and cook an additional 3-5 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees F (74 C).
Serve Horseradish Dill Slaw on top, undressed with a side of Russian Cucumber Salad, on a bed of salad greens, or on your favorite gluten-free bun.
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 151
- Sodium: 252 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Protein: 21 g
- Cholesterol: 43 mg