Can we all just agree that the best part of winter might be the warm and hearty, stick-to-your-bones food that accompanies it? I mean, in addition to the fabulous winter clothes, cozy blankets, and general merry-making. This Keto Artichoke Spinach Dip is a fantastic way to embrace the cold winter air with a delicious salty + savory warm-up that fits a low-carb diet.
How to serve Keto Artichoke Spinach Dip
I love to serve this dip with Keto-friendly vessels like pork rinds, bake parmesan crisps (because you can never have too much cheese), or lower carb veggies like celery, cucumber, and bell peppers. For those not abstaining from the carbs, but wanting to limit grain or gluten, I love this dip with Siete Grain Free Tortillas Chips or grain-free toast points.
On the off chance you actually have leftovers
This Keto Artichoke Spinach Dip is superb as a low-carb filling for stuffed mushrooms or baby bell peppers. It's so good I slathered a bit on top of gluten-free toast and topped it with a fried egg for breakfast one morning. No regrets.
A note for special diets
This Keto Artichoke Spinach Dip is grain-free, gluten-free, low-carb, low-lactose, vegetarian, and friendly for SIBO diets. I choose to use a combination of lactose-free cream cheese and low-lactose aged cheese for this to keep it SIBO-friendly. Sharp cheddar, parmesan, and gruyere are aged cheeses which usually only containing trace amounts (0.5 grams or less) of lactose. If you are not lactose-sensitive, regular cream cheese works perfectly as well in place of the lactose-free. For those following a Keto diet, the net carb count per ½ cup serving of this Artichoke Spinach Dip is only 3 grams.
This Keto Artichoke Spinach Dip is a fantastic way to embrace the cold winter air with a delicious salty + savory warm-up that fits a low-carb diet.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp garlic oil (may sub 3 cloves minced garlic and 4 tbsp olive oil)
- 16 oz frozen spinach
- 2 (8.5 oz) cans artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 8 oz cream cheese (I prefer this lactose-free version)
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 ½ cups parmesan cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp nutmeg, ground
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and garlic oil (or minced garlic) together over medium heat.
- Add the spinach and artichoke hearts to the pan and sautee for a few minutes until spinach has thawed.
- Add the cream cheese, white cheddar, 1 cup of parmesan, and gruyere and mix to combine.
- Season with red pepper flakes, black pepper, salt, nutmeg, and mustard powder. Stir to combine.
- Once the mixture is sufficiently melted and combined, transfer it to an oven safe baking dish and top with the remaining ½ cup of parmesan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the parmesan on top is golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutritional information on Whip & Wander is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
- Serving Size: ½ cup
- Calories: 283
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 348 mg
- Fat: 24 g
- Saturated Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 12 g
- Cholesterol: 50 mg
Keywords: spinach, artichoke, dip