Sweet + Smoky BBQ Sauce
This Chipotle Peach BBQ Sauce is made for summer grilling. Fresh sweet peaches, smoky + spicy chipotle peppers, a tangy measure of apple cider vinegar, umami-rich tomato, and a dash of sweetness from honey and brown sugar provide the main base for this sweet + smoky bbq sauce. Put those summer peaches to good use in this savory summer bbq sauce, which can be made in 15 minutes or less.
How should I use this Chipotle Peach BBQ Sauce?
My favorite way to use this bbq sauce is on these Grilled Chicken Wings with Chipotle Peach BBQ Sauce. However, it's also delicious on:
- On grilled chicken breasts or steak
- On both pork and beef ribs
- Tossed in with shredded chicken or pork
- On top of fish - We love it on top of salmon, mahi mahi, and cod, and tilapia
- On grilled shrimp skewers
- On veggies skewers - It's particularly delicious with onions, peppers, pineapple, and mushrooms
- On top of a burger
- Drizzled on top of roasted potatoes
- In a chicken quesadilla with a nice light melty cheese like Monterey Jack
- Drizzled on top of a Southwest style salad
- Use as a pizza sauce for a bbq chicken pizza
What tools do I need to make this recipe?
- A cutting board
- A chef's knife
- Measuring cups and measuring spoons
- A medium saucepan
- An immersion blender or heat-proof blender
Are you looking to upgrade to your cooking tools or replenish your pantry? Check out my kitchen tools shop page and pantry staples shop page to find my must-have kitchen tools, pantry items, and other Whip & Wander favorites.
A note for special diets
This Chipotle Peach BBQ Sauce can be friendly for grain-free and gluten-free diets — However, you’ll want to pay attention to the ingredient list on the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce that you utilize in this recipe as some may contain additional additives such as wheat, corn, or sugar. The brand that I generally purchase is San Marcos, which offers an option that contains chipotle peppers, tomato puree, onions, vinegar, canola oil, salt, paprika, garlic, and a small amount of sugar (2g per serving).Print
This Chipotle Peach BBQ Sauce is made with fresh sweet peaches and smoky chipotle chili peppers. This bbq sauce can be made in 15 minutes or less.
- 1 lb peaches, pitted and diced
- ¾ cup water
- 6 tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 adobo chipotle peppers en adobo + 1 tbsp sauce
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves (may sub 2 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil for the garlic + olive oil above)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp brown sugar (may sub for 1 tbsp coconut sugar)
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium pot over medium heat, stirring to combine.
- Allow mixture to come to a low boil, stirring often to stew the peaches down for about 5 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the sauce until it reaches a smooth, lump-free consistency. Alternatively, if you do not have an immersion blender you can carefully transfer the mixture to a heat-proof blender to blitz until smooth.
- Serve immediately over grilled meat such as wings, chicken, or pork. Unused sauce should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutritional information on Whip & Wander is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp
- Calories: 32
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 163 mg
- Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 1 g
Keywords: Chipotle Peach BBQ Sauce